Friday, April 10, 2020

Skipping Church

 Image by Michael Gaida at Pixabay
I received a kind email the other day, closing with “Blessed Easter to you!”

“This will be a strange Easter,” I thought. “No dressing up in our Sunday best. No rousing rendition of ‘Up from the grave He arose,’ sung in harmony with my whole church family. Will the day be a dud?”

But then I thought of Good Friday and the moment the veil in the temple was rent in two. The curtain that kept people out of the Holy of Holies, that kept them away from the overwhelming presence of God, was destroyed. God would never again live in the temple.

Jesus’s sacrifice paid the price to wash me clean. God says, “Accept My gift, and I will make you the Holy of Holies.”

We long to praise Him for this on Easter, but the church is locked up tight. Can skipping church be an act of worship? It is when we remember God doesn’t live in the church building. He lives in us. All because of Easter.

Christ in you, the hope of glory. Colossians 1:27

No comments:

Post a Comment