Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Happy Holidays?

Christmas won't be the same this year—no Christmas parties with my relatives, no white elephant gift exchange, no excuse to bake pans and pans of cookies. How do you cope when the happy slips off of holidays and you're left with a...holiday? What's that?

According to Merriam-Webster.com, a holiday is a holy day, and holy means "devoted entirely to the deity or the work of the deity."

Christmas never was about the presents or the cookies. Of course, I won't tell my mom that because she has been baking, and I'm enjoying eating the sweets.

Christmas is about giving ourselves entirely to God because He gave Himself wholly for us. So I'm not giving up on joy this year, and I'm not giving up on the holidays. In fact, I refuse to wait until December 25. When I roll out of bed tomorrow morning, I'll give my day to God, and I'll have a holiday.

And the angel said to them, "Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:10-11 (ESV)

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment