Monday, May 24, 2010

Small Hard Things

I just finished reading Do Hard Things by Alex and Brett Harris -- for the third time. I love the chapter on small hard things. It's so easy to focus on doing big things for God and to forget about the little things in our lives. But God says, "He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much" (Luke 16:10).

What is one small hard thing that you are committed to doing? Please put your answers in comments to this post. I'd love to know what you are doing.

My answers:

#1 I am committed to pressing the play button on my CD player each morning. What's so hard about that? I am not listening to music. I am practicing Portuguese. The only time I have to practice is while I make my bed and pick up my room in the morning. Often I would rather enjoy the quiet and let my mind wander. Yes, pressing the play button is a small hard thing each morning.

#2 I am committed to getting my blood sugar under control this summer. I am not diabetic. My blood sugar is just erratic. It is so erratic that I despair of ever controlling it, "...but with God all things are possible" (Matthew 19:26). Feel free to hold me accountable on this one. I have a terrible sweet tooth.

So what are your answers?

1 comment:

  1. Sorry if I make #2 any harder for you. My sweet tooth is almost as bad as yours!

    ReplyDelete