Saturday, July 28, 2012

Coffee, Anyone?


I rush here and there. Gotta practice violin another hour. I’m behind on my business bookwork. My bedroom hasn’t been cleaned since…well, I won’t admit how long it has been.

My sisters suggest coffee together. Not one more thing for my schedule! Can I afford the time?

In Family Driven Faith, Voddie Baucham challenges families to cut back on their commitments, including sports and ministry events. He insists on scheduling family time.

If we don’t plan that family vacation, the summer will come and go and we will wonder what happened. If we don’t put that piano recital on the calendar, something else will fill the space. And if we don’t carve out time to disciple our children, it simply will not get done.

Dr. Baucham scored extra points with me for mentioning piano recitals, but he also steps on my toes. It’s time to schedule that coffee date.


No comments:

Post a Comment